Adobe has announced a massive Photoshop update which included, among many other features, the integration of Adobe’s new Unified Extensibility Platform (UXP) for plugins. Shortly after Adobe unveiled the new version of Photoshop, Loupedeck announced its collaboration with Adobe on a new plugin for Photoshop.
The free plugin, which can be downloaded through the new Plugin Marketplace in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application, introduces new features and improvements for owners of the Loupedeck CT and Loupedeck Live. You may recall that we covered the new Loupedeck Live product last month, which you can learn more about here.
|Image credit: Loupedeck|
In addition to the improve performance and usability offered by Adobe’s UXP architecture, the new Loupedeck Photoshop plugin includes the following features, per Loupedeck:
- Ability to add adjustment layers and control their corresponding parameters with dials and/or wheel
- Reset functionality for individual adjustment parameters
- Intuitive control over Font settings
- Quickly scroll through and view history panel with dial and/or wheel
- Increased control over Curves, including the ability to adjust color channel curves separately and control curve points
- Smoother control over Brush settings and Zoom In/Out functions
- Streamline workflow by combining Photoshop actions into macros within the Loupedeck software
- Full control over Layer Properties
- Ability to control Quick Actions (e.g., select object, remove background) introduced in Photoshop 2020
- Better performance for Camera Raw
Of the new plugin, Loupedeck’s founder and CEO, Mikko Kesti, says, ‘We collaborated with Adobe to develop the new plugin and to ensure Loupedeck users could easily integrate and maximize their creative potential with the new features offered by Photoshop the moment they are available. Our new plugin for Photoshop incorporates the software’s new features into both the Loupedeck CT and just-launched Loupedeck Live, giving creators the power to further customize their Photoshop experience.’
|Image credit: Loupedeck|
Vijay Vachani, Adobe’s Senior Director of Product Management and Partner Ecosystem for Adobe Creative Cloud adds, ‘Photoshop users will now have increased functionality when using their Loupedeck devices and the ability to take even more control over a wide variety of Photoshop features, including the newly introduced Quick Actions.’
You can download the plugin from Adobe’s Plugin Marketplace by clicking here. You can learn more about Loupedeck Live and purchase it directly from Loupedeck. To learn more about Loupedeck CT, click here.